About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
In this season, I will be sharing my heart.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Freestyling

Normally when I write a post, I kind of have an idea of what I will talk about. Tonight, I have no clue. I did just have a thought of the "perfect life" and then the next thought was "it does not exist". The media has given us this mindset of what is perfect. Married, with two children, live in a nice house and own a dog. Both parents have successful careers and smart kids! Welp, I have not lived that kind of life, nor do I know anyone personally who is living this kind of life. I think the ultimate life lesson and goal is to take lemons and ALWAYS make lemonade because life never ends like our favorite television show. Some men and women may never marry or have children. Some people will face illness. Some people may never own a home or have a successful career. But we have to make the best of what we have and be grateful for our blessings. You would be surprised, even though you may not have everything you want, there is someone watching you and wanting what you have. The older I get, the more I appreciate the lot I have been given by not comparing my life to others. I think it's natural to do so, but it can leave you bitter. Expectations that are not met can feel like failure. But that is where trust comes in. This is where we say, "Ok God... this did not turn out the way I thought, but because I am in You and You are in me, I know things are working out for my best. Just freestyling tonight! It's Friday :).

No comments:

Post a Comment