About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
In this season, I will be sharing my heart.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Unforgiveness

Today on the way to having lunch with my sweet friend BJ...I ended up behind a tractor trailer on the interstate. As I sat there looking at the back of the truck I noticed rust forming underneath the trailer doors. The rust had began to eat away at the truck to the point of holes in the metal...As I stared at it I thought this is what un-forgiveness, bitterness, and resentment does to our spirits. Rust is an example of corrosion. Corrosion means to weaken or damage. Un-forgiveness, bitterness, and resentment acts as poison to the body. We help ourselves when we release people who have hurt us. It is dangerous to have hateful thoughts running through our minds about someone. When we seek revenge it hurts us and removes the Hand of God because we have taken matters in to our own hands. Our Savior knows how to fight for us when we maintain our peace. We have to be able to forgive the person who has not apologized as well. Letting go of ill feelings without an apology shows a level of maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment