About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
In this season, I will be sharing my heart.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

It's Not Time, Yet

I am a romantic at heart. I love, love. It's a wonderful thing. Some people are going to read this post and think, this girl is "out there"! Honestly, I always have been "out there" since I was a little girl, so I make no apologies for what I am getting ready to say. I met a man on December 23, 2014, exactly seventeen days after my divorce was final. We first talked on Christmas Day. One of the first questions he asked me was, "What are you giving Jesus for His birthday?" That was a question I would ask someone. I laughed on the inside. After we somewhat built a friendship, he suggested we pray after each conversation and I agreed because I love prayer. Another component I appreciate about this friendship is, He always covers my daughters in prayer, our household and all that pertains to us. He never fails to ask how they're doing...and he listens to my concerns about them. Every time we pray, The Holy Spirit shows up and shows out! Such a sweet presence. We sing together...laugh together...but he lives in Dallas, Texas LOL. God has a great sense of humor. He is a bit older, fourteen years, but I like the fact that he is stable. He knows who he is and is not changing it for anyone much, BUT God. After spending so much time together on the phone, sharing our lives...and mostly talking about God I started to develop feelings. As great as all of this sounds, we both agree and I have commissioned this year to pursuing God and His purposes for my life. So, it's not time yet. In addition, I need to become whole in every area of my life before I can imagine myself in a relationship with anyone. I need to make sure I am solid in my faith and that I love myself to not compromise who I am in Christ. Hurt people, hurt people and I do not want to be hurt, nor do I want to hurt anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment