About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
In this season, I will be sharing my heart.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Name Dropping

I worked in the entertainment industry for almost 10 years and was surrounded by famous people on a daily basis, but it was not a big deal--it was a part of the territory. When I moved to Atlanta I noticed many people considered themselves important by association; meaning because they had a relationship with a certain famous individual that made them important. Honestly, it was the most annoying thing EVER! I grew weary of hearing stories about their relationships and picture posting...no shade, but I was like, "I really don't care who you work for or with, just be you!" I will not like you more or less because of who you are connected to....I want to get to know you as a person. If they no longer had that role or relationship, does that mean they are a nobody in their minds? Probably so because they spend so much time making sure everyone knows about their position. Accepting Christ as Lord and Savior may make us a target to the enemy, but it makes us blessed in Heavenly places. We are a royal priesthood and a chosen generation. It doesn't matter what I do for a living that makes me important...having God in my heart makes me important. Not in a haughty way, but in a grateful way. Who we work for or who we know is passing away...a relationship with God is eternal which is the most important thing to have in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment