About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
In this season, I will be sharing my heart.

Monday, March 9, 2015

People Pleasing

When you give up trying to please people you realize that you will never be good enough, smart enough, bright enough, tall enough...because people cannot be satisfied. Something will always need changing and one day you will look up and notice that you no longer recognize yourself. I have been there. In marriage, I stopped being myself and started doing and being everything my family needed and wanted me to be. I believe we should allow for compromise within reason, but changing yourself to meet the needs of others can leave you feeling empty and depressed. I believe God wants us to mature and grow up in Him, but people want you to change based on their needs and those needs hardly ever line up with God's plan. I decided that I want to please God. In that, I believe the people who are apart of God's will for my life will be blessed by those changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment