About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
In this season, I will be sharing my heart.

Monday, July 27, 2015

This ministered to my heart...

I truly feel the need to be transparent today. Several weeks ago I went into prayer. I had so many things on my heart that I wanted God to sort out for me. I sat there in silence and then I began to pray. As I prayed, I could feel that my prayers were divided because I had made some poor choices. Even though I had asked for forgiveness, I was still carrying around the guilt and the shame. As I sat there with my head bowed, God clearly spoke to me...He said "I have forgiven you...If I did not love you and honor your prayer that would make Me a conditional God when I love you unconditionally. However, your choices will carry consequences, but it is a direct response to your actions and not because I am punishing you." The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). This is the reality of wrong choices...it's a law of the universe. That is why it is a good idea to choose life every time. We need to make the right decisions that will lead towards God's best. God is love. He does not inflict harm or pain on us when we make mistakes; it is not His nature. He is a loving, graceful Father and His love endures forever. He is perfect, kind and long-suffering...This time alone with The Lord ministered to my heart and confirmed His unconditional love for me. So, if you ever mess up...know God does not stop loving you nor does He punish you for our sins because Jesus paid the price for our past, present, and future sins. As a loving Father, He will discipline His children because He wants us to share in His holiness. Also, discipline can be painful, but in the end it's the lesson we need to grab hold of which leads to a harvest of good living.

No comments:

Post a Comment